Nuffnang

Monday, August 06, 2007

FOP

FOP was great!
Pastor Phil is really one of the greatest preachers in our generation.
Really had alot of reflections and revelations during these three days.

Day1: King David.
Today I was really reminded of the very first reason why I choose David as my baptism name and why did I picked up the guitar in the first place.
In the Bible, it says that David had a heart after His own heart. That was the verse that led me to desire and wanna be a David of this generation. He killed bears, lions and giants. He trusted in God so much, he dared to charge at the army of giants when he was just my age.
David also had a respect for God's anointing. When Saul was in a cave and begin to sleep. oblivious to King David who was already hiding in the cave even before Saul came in.
King David was encouraged by his peers around him to kill Saul. But he didn't want to do it because he do not want to touch God's anointed.
David also loved God with all his heart. He would play the guitar and praise Him and to worship Him. All the guitarist would know, we worship God with the guitar every night. But some nights are just special. Those nights were the ones that you will literally feel Jesus just right beside you. And the atmosphere and presence of God is so thick and overwhelming, you can litterally touch Jesus in that place. Oh, those nights are phenomenal. Its like having valentine day every few days with God. Everytime when we picked we pick up the guitar, we jst pray that it will be one of those nights. We can just play and strum and worship for hours and hours and hours. Just couldn't stop. There once once I worshiped till 4am while there is school at 6am the next day. However, I was totally recharged the second day. Exceptional! Pastor Phil also said this,"You have to accept the change of name from God. A change of name is a change of destiny." Praise God! Smile more!

2nd day: Delirous? and Pastor Phil esteeming Pastor Kong.
On sat, we were sitting directly behind the entire worship team and pastors at the south entrance. We got to sit super infront of the entire meeting. It was powerful man. The moment when I saw delirious on the stage and felt that they really play awesome music and so talented, God encouraged me while I am in the midst of the congregation. He said," They started on the same as you, playing in their cell groups and struggled before. Everything big started from smth small". Delirious is really one of my favorite Christian bands ard simply because after so many albums and tracks, they still love God and still produces music that promotes radical living for God. Isn't that in the flow of our church and cell group? In their song 'Here we come', there is a sentence that goes, "and we hear your call, every woman every man, ring the mission bell, storm the gates of hell." In another song 'take off my shoes' it shows the heart of delirious just wanting to stay in the presence of God. "Love of my life, I will live and die, Just for the moment for my King and I." Man! Delirious is also committed to winning the lost. That is the very reason why the band was formed in the 90's. They were still students and then Martin Smith felt a calling to brng music to people's heart and awaken their spirituality. So he went about on a search for people who felt the call too. And he first found Stu G, then Jon and the rest of the band.

Pastor Phil also esteemed Pastor Kong on sat. Wow! Truely a discipler would stand up for his disciple if anyone come against him accusingly. That is really the heart of every leader. I believe my leader would do the same. Learn from the past that if someone accuses us wrongfully, just shut up and let God or your leader do the talking. If we open our mouth to defend ourselves usually it is from our own reasoning and pride. It will make the situation worse. But of cos gotta be discerning larz. Court case definitely need to open our mouth to testify. But usually our leader is the one that would bring us out of that situation. learn to trust and believe in your leaders. =) they will never want anything bad to happen to you.
And Pastor Kong is so humble! When Pastor Phil praised him, he just bow his head and clapped. Really I have not seen such a humble man before. I love Pastor Kong! Haha! Pastor Phil is also so bold to just stand up for Pastor Kong even when he knows there are critics in the crowd and possibly in the pastor in the crowd who criticizes Pastor Kong as well. But Pst Phil couldn't care less. He just spoke the truth and he really displayed the boldness of the Holy Spirit. After that evening, I prayed in tongues loudly whenever we are praying in the indoor stadium because I know as long as God approved of it, who cares about what others think. Haha. Pst Phil also gave out so many Words of Knowledge. Turning the entire FOP into a charismatic style meeting. Haha, also by the cheers of the crowd whenever Pastor Kong or City Harvest Church was mentioned, you can tell how much we love our pastor and our church. It is a blessing to be in God's kingdom, but its a privilege to be in City Harvest Church and under Pst Kong's leadership. Haha.

Day three: Phil 2:3
On this day, I was worshiping when Delirious was playing praise. And then i just felt this promting from God to read phil 2:3. At first I just took a mental note of it and want to flip to it later. But the urge and prompting to read it at that very moment became stronger. So I took out my Bible and flipped to the verse. It is a familiar passage, but at that moment, I didn't know what the verse was.

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Then came the song Majesty. And I tot of the verse again. If we think that we are so loving, think about God's love first. My narrowness of heart and prejudices was exposed immediately. After Delirious belted out "our God Reigns". Don Moen and his guys came on stage and just about when Martin Smith unslinged his guitar and proceeded to walk off the stage with his guys. Don Moen whispered smth into Martin's ear and Martin looked surprised. He continued to play our God Reigns. Don Moen then started to play his violin and based on Martin Smith's body language, it is visible of his enormous respect that he has for Don Moen. Then Don Moen tilted his head towards the microphone to urge Martin Smith on to sing the song. Which Martin Smith did. Den God spoke again. "Look at my servants up on stage. Didn't they esteem one another better than themselves." I begin to understand that Don Moen is part of the older generation and he knows that. He has done so much and achieved so much with God. But he recognizes that Delirious is the up and coming worship Da Ge Da's. But he didn't have a pride issue that says I should sing. I am the big brother here. Instead he ushered Delirious to the microphone. On the other hand, when Martin Smith and Delirious was walking down. He flowed with Don Moen and went back to play. And most of the time he stood behind Don Moen. I have noticed in Church that the back-up vocalists always stand behind the Worship leader and the worship leader would always move back when there is a change of worship leader or when Pastor came on stage. Its like giving the person leading the respect and honor. That is what I noticed with Martin Smith as well. He didn't go, "oh you old guys." He showed a great respect for the servants of God as well. Den Phil 2:3 was really displayed up on stage. =)

This was partly a night for musicians as well. Haha. Felt the anointing and refreshing of the spirit that night when Delirious encouraged the musicians in the church. Powerful!

Now, my loudest cry in my heart is for God never to leave me or forsake me. I can't do without Him. Life is meaninglesss without him.

No comments: