Nuffnang

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Guitar Lesson With Poh

Weewoowee.. I am currently learning guitar from a teacher. And yes, this is my teacher!
Teo Poh Heng, affectionately called Poh by CHC members.

This is something that I really wanted for a long time and have always visualised and prayed for it! Thanks Amelia! Haha! =)

Poh is just amazing la! Even a simple guitar class always carries a powerful revelation. Today the thing that I was most impacted when he said this:

"Many people who learn scaling (notes that ascend or descend by family notes or scales) always go for speed rather than accuracy and precision. They can play very fast, but often miss a note or two in between. It becomes a habit. When it becomes a habit plus the speed which they are playing at. They will never become great guitarists. Unless they break it and relearn everything."

No matter what some people say about other guitarist who are better or what, I would say, Poh is STILL THE BEST!!! Sometimes we see him play in church when he is leading Praise and Worship, we think that for Poh, he can only strum. Tsk tsk tsk... You should see him play the electric guitar. Floored us to the ground la.. You must see him play in the flesh, live and in colour, before you can fully appreciate his playing. Haha! Awesome!

His teaching style is awesome too. Learned alot about teaching from him! He is just awesome! =) Like what Poh taught today, I am going to bring people into my world, through my playing, into God's presence.

No comments: