Nuffnang

Monday, December 01, 2008

Tears on the carpet floor

Woah.. Long week. So many things happened within a short time.
Uncle Joseph or Jimmy passed away last wednesday. Whenever Grace and him come for service in the past, I have took care and always sat beside them.
The Goh family and Pastor Kenneth Sim (L-R):
Amelia(4th), Cecilia(3rd), Grace (5th), Auntie, Victor(2nd), Pastor Kenneth Sim and Joan(Eldest)


I have learned so much about uncle and about his selflessness. I have also got so much revelations and even learned about parenting. God's Grace is really awesome and unbelievably good (I can't find a word to describe what I wanna say.)

I felt that strength of a person is not found when they are on a high. Real Solid Strength is found in the valleys, in the face of adversity and dangers.
Courage is not the absence of fear but courage is standing
face to face against fear without wavering in conviction, faith and belief.

Out of this incident, I have witness first-hand real courage in the Goh Family. And I have experienced a touch of the God factor in every of their individual life. I really want to say, that they are so so so blessed as a family, and they impacted me in such a big way, that I can't put in words.

Even at times when I visited Uncle at the Hospital and throughout the wake, the very tangible presence of God and peace of God was in the place. Even when there was a painful attack on uncle during one of the hospital visit, the peace of God was in the place. Such is the anointing and presence of God this family carries.

At the columbarium, as we were preparing to leave. I saw so much stains on the carpeted floor at the first row near the glass window. And undoubtedly, they are tear stains left by precious family members.
It was very unsightly and even looks dirty. But then and there God spoke so dearly to me.

"Through the eyes of man, those tear-stains may look disgusting and dirty, but to Me, they are precious and I am wiping off all of them off your face and saving them up in a bottle."

I just want to post of the courage and love this family has for God and each other.
I have seen them quarreling with one another, yet seeking reconciliation with one another with gifts and words almost immediately.
I have seen them encouraging uncle with words of faith and praying for their dad, trusting God for healing and salvation as a family.

I have seen them fighting a huge battle in their home front, yet still continuing with their ministry and being there for their members. Even deep inside them, they need counseling and consoling, they still make it a point to love their members and don't even show it.

I remember just one day before Uncle Jimmy passed away, Amelia had to console one member because of relationship problems between her and her parents. I mean Ame's dad is in critical condition and she still does that! She is solid la.

One thing I know for sure, All those things that they shared about their dad, and how courageous, selfless, caring and giving their dad were,
They carried his DNA

No comments: