Nuffnang

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Was looking through some blogs of a particular friend that I met once only. Read some her posts. Although they were criticizing a particular Cg member of mine, but my heart goes out to her. She looks a perfectly sweet girl. Looks naive, innocent and pretty as well. But some of the words that she used and all don't really tally with how she looks on the outside.
Got reminded of a verse:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good;
and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.
For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
-Luke 6:45
When I saw her for the first time only bout a month or two ago, she said she was sec two. 14 years of her life embroiled in bitterness, jealousy and also insecurity. Seeking love in the wrong places. Can you imagine how much she is going through. Sometimes, we often say that someone's character drive a person away from friends and company. But what is the root of the character?
Someone said before that "Character is Not Shaped Overnight."

But I am also disappointed in 'Christians' who defended my member. There is nothing wrong in defending one another, but its how we do it. How we react or respond to an issue. The late Dr. Ed Cole said this, "A childish person reacts to situations, but a mature person responds to it." React rely on feelings, respond thinks first before speaking. The same verse applies:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good;
and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.
For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

-Luke 6:45

Pastor Kong spoke about being a classy people, a classy generation of believers. Not because we want to show that we are superior to others. Not to snub. But to bring and carry the name of our Father, The King; The Lord, well. We carry the reputation of God.

The issue here is this:

Didn't we behave and talk like them (non-believers) before?

Tan Guang Xiang: One of the worst students in Bedok North Secondary School.
Smoking, Fighting, drinking and also VERY Vulgar in speech
Retained in Sec 3;
Almost expelled in Sec 2
(But escaped from it because I pushed the responsibility of the issue to someone else)

But on the 8th of Oct 2005, Jesus came and loved me for WHO I AM and Whom I was, And How I were. People that entered my life, accepted me were Sheena, Royston, Kenneth and also Xianbi and even Jasmine, When I was still who and how I were.
A major part of how I felt God's love is through them.

People, are we too judgmental?
God wants us to be a channel where His love can be felt by not just believers, but to those who never knew Him as well.

Loving God wholeheartedly; Loving People, (Not just Christians or your cg mem), Fervently

No comments: