Nuffnang

Monday, January 12, 2009

exceedingly abundantly

Yesterday while talking to one of Exxx's members, I had a revelation on the spot.
In all that we do, we need to set a specific target. Partially it is because it will cause us to have something tangible to go for.

Sometimes we, including myself, we always say this when we are asked about our goals and targets: "I think I will do my best. I will try ba."

But yesterday God convicted me regarding goal-setting.

"to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think,
according to the power that works in us
,
to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
-Ephesians 3:19-21
This is such a familiar verse, but God impressed this upon me.

If we do not have a specific goal, how can we expect God to do EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK

Even if He did EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK, how would we know if we got nothing to gauge what is the " ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK" and by what extend did the results become "EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY".

And even if we DID ever experience EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK, we will be fixed in our own natural senses, and we would miss out on how God moved in our lives.

Have a visible goal guys. Its in your Goal-Setting card!

No comments: