Nuffnang

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hancock


Yo guys, just came back from the movie Hancock. This is the 2nd time I'm watching it but man, different experience.

Got quite a few revelations through Hancock.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead
If you have not watched Hancock and don't want this post to spoil your day and waste $7.50 on weekdays, $8.50 on weekends, don't continue scrolling and click on one of my links to visit another blog.

Hancock is about a misfit superhero who is a drunkard, a disrespectful person and simply no regard for anyone or anything.
But I have learn something from him, all of us are like Hancock.
Full of ability, gifts and talent but no depth in character. I'm like a Hancock.

His friend Ray tries to change Hancock's image and changed him into a superhero. And when Hancock got the applause of the crowd for the very first time for saving them, Ray burst into tremendous joy, while watching the 'live' news
Then I felt God nudging into my heart. Have I not realized that Ray was a little bit like God. Behind the scene doing all those things, changing our image and character, yet just happy to look at us in the front stage.
When our cell groups grow, when we have done great things for God, Laid hands, people heal. We are recognized, but deep inside, we know God is the one doing all these things.

Also when Ray said that he wanted to change the world through his marketing strategy, which failed miserably, he said: "Maybe I can't change the world, but I can change this man's life" But when Hancock's life was changed, he changed the world. Powerful man!
Hancock, inspired me, Common Grace!

No comments: