Nuffnang

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Home Base and Anchor Point.

I was reading Pastor Gerrick's blog just now and found his starbucks post very interesting.
That is really part of his home base where the Spirit outpours so much to him regarding his ministry. It prompt me to think about my base camp.

It was the food court at Bedok North and the cafe there.
Sometimes I would just go up to the cafe at techview and plan stuff or even practice the guitar over a cup of Earl Grey tea. The staff and auntie working there are christians, so they dun really mind my presence there when it is not the peak hours when they need the space for their customers.

I love playing it there because of the atmosphere there. It has this sense of peace that dwells in that place.

Another Base Camp would be my bedroom... Haha.. This is the super recent base camp...
Ytd I had a tremendous time with the Lord. I am loving it.

I remember listening to 'sanctuary' on my MP3 while on the lift. And I lift up my hands in the lift to worship even when it was just for a 'brief' period like how I used to in the lift. (Ya, you can worship quite abit in the lift when you stay on the 16th floor). The moment I lift up my hands this time, the presence of God just swept in like a gushing stream. I teared immediately in the lift. I continued worshipping while walking to my flat because no one was on the corridor then and continued to feel His overwhelming presence. And when I reached home, I slammed the door and threw my keys on the table and immediately kneeled down to worship because I am very certain that He is in the living room. 

Den I had the greatest revelation throughout this period of testing. God revealed to me a passage in the Bible, 1 kings 13. But I will cut it short on the revelation.
In essence, God told me this, "Son, all you need to hear and listen to is My voice". 
And that life and death is in the power of the Tongue. 
And the last revelation that God showed me was that He valued obedience over sacrifices, quality over quantity. 

In that short period of just 15 to 20 mins, I was totally renewed, refreshed and ready to go again. Man... God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
They shall soar with wings like eagles.
They will run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not be faint.

Wait for the Lord.

I have learnt something about waiting.

Waiting produces the patience.
Waiting expands capacity.
Waiting makes us see clearly.
Waiting heightens our expectancy.
Waiting purifies our motives.
Waiting causes us to grow.
Waiting causes roots to grow deeper and stronger.
Waiting produces fruits.
Waiting germinates seeds.
Waiting tests faith.
Waiting tests conviction
Waiting is waiting.
Wait upon the Lord I say.

Moses waited.
Joshua waited.
Caleb waited.
David waited.(read psalm, Haha)
Paul waited.

But the best of all, Jesus waited.
He knew that He was the messiah when He was 12. (In the temple)
But He only performed His first miracle at the wedding of Canaan.
How many years was that, It was after the baptism, when He was about 30 years old.
He waited for 18 years. Thats how old I am now.

Waiting is one thing, to wait with patience is another.
Audacious!!!
Audacious Faith
Audacious power.

Dr Bernard drove a conviction into my heart when he said this.
I want you to set an audacious goal that God will say," you got the nerve to ask Me for this?"
Thats the kind of goals I want to set.
Because it will take faith and confidence.
It is impossible to please God without faith.

That makes life interesting and have a purpose.
Multiplication is near. Hmm...

No comments: