Nuffnang

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
- 2 Cor 10:5 (NIV)

"Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."
- 2 Cor 10:5(NKJV)

I felt that this Word will not be only for this season, it will be for my life. 

Just felt impressed over this verse over and over again throughout yesterday and I meditate over it. Just chewing the bread slowly and trying to taste and digest it slowly.

Wow... it is just tasty man.. The more you chew on the Word, the tastier it gets. The difference between natural food and spiritual food (the word) is that when you chew more on natural food, the more disgusting it gets, the less taste till eventually it turns into a pulp of tasteless indistinctive mesh. 

But the Word is just different. 

The more we chew on it, the more fragrant it gets. You will realise more ingredients that it consists of and didn't noticed the time before. And it has the exact nutrients that is customized to every individual. 

Okay.... enough of the discipleship and Bible Study. Haha

Really thank God that this word came in during this period of time. BRINGING every thought into the CAPTIVE of Christ. I am not ashamed to admit my weakness because I am working on it. My greatest weakness is in the area of thoughts and in the mind. God says every thought that we have, we will bring it to the obedience of His. Every thought that I have really reflects how much I trust His word and how much I know His heart. Of course we as humans have our own thoughts, we are not robots. But the thing is that I want my every thought to be of God and reflect the trust I have in Him and how much I know His heart. If there is any unclean thoughts or unrighteous thoughts, quickly capture it and pray about it. exchange the thought with something to do with God. 

Sometimes I think too much. Listen too little.
Haha.. I remember the old times when my teacher says: God give you one mouth to speak, two ears to listen. Now it makes sense again. God give me one big brain to think, but two ears to be the source of processing thoughts. The heart to perceive Him. =) Hallelujah!!
=)

I am the clay and I trust in the Potter.
He knows the purpose of making me.

No comments: