Nuffnang

Monday, July 23, 2007

Walking with God.

Amen, Hallelujah, Praise the Lord (Any resemblance to any person or incident IS INTENDED) haha.. Wow.. Today was a great day!!! (Everyday is, when we are walking with God.)

Today, I felt very impressed in my heart for the entire day about walking with God. I was listening to the song "At the Beginning" today (yes, Jasmine) and can't help but agreeing with the lyrics about our walk with God. Life is a road and I wanna keep moving.
Many times when we are on our way home, we often want to stay with our close friends for as long as we possibly can. To the extent that we are willing to send that person home and take a longer journey back home. However, when we are with friends that are not so close with us, sometimes we can't wait to get home! Or when we are too tired, we meet some friends that are not in our inner circle, we try to avoid them so that we can really have some rest (come on! dun act as if u didn't do it before. Hahaha) 

Really life is not about destination but the journey. But most of the time the journey is not about the journey itself but who is with you on the journey!!!... (Bulls eye!) And praise the Lord, we got the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords on this journey with us!!!
Man, I type the word "walk, God" and "Walk, Lord" into the keyword search in biblegateway.com and began reading the verse of Enoch. He has only a few verses to him, excluding those which talked about the family line. But man, he is an inspiration.
He lived for 365 years and out of that 365 years, he spent 300 years walking with God. What king of relationship is this man!!!.. It is just like the relationship of a close friend. God and Enoch just wanna dwell with one another as long as they could together. Until the point when God told Enoch,(Modern day singlish):"Hey Enoch, steady larz. Come my house ton. I want to stay with you as long as I can leiz." I wanna walk with God too. And not just brush across or in front or behind one another. But I wanna rub shoulders with Him, to be in His inner circle. That is where I wanna be. As close, as long as I could with Him. I wanna please Him like how Enoch did. Hebrews 11:5 said that before Enoch was taken away to be with God, he was commended as one who pleased God. 

God has said and promised in Leviticus 26:12, "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people." God said "will", He didn't say 'might',
'maybe', 'could-be', 'see first'. He said: "WILL" 

"If God promised it 
and I believe it,
that settles it."

The Bible also says in Micah 6:8
"He has showed you, O man, what is good
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to WALK HUMBLY with your God."

What is good? Walking with Jesus everyday of course.
Every morning now, I would wake up and tell God: "its time for another adventure."
what exciting lives Christians live.
Haha.

No comments: